ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Copy stgpool best practises

2014-02-27 03:52:26
Subject: [ADSM-L] Copy stgpool best practises
From: r4mzeso <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 00:49:52 -0800
Hi, I am planing upgrade of my TSM infrastructure.

For now I have Server IBM x3650 M3
with 6x SATA
RAID 1 (2 disk) (2 partition C,D) include TSM SERVER, Operation Server, on C,
and DB + LOGS on D drive
RAID 5 (4 disk) (1 partition) for primary stgpools (about 2,8TB)

Got also Tape Library 3100 with next storage pools

WIth I think is bad idea cuz there is no copypools

I am thinking to do:
Buy extra 10 SATA to x3650 and then
RAID 1 (2 disk) Just WIN, TSM Server, + OC
RAID 1 (2 disk) for DB
RAID 1 (2 disk) for activelogs, archlogs (I heard from IBM en, that is best
practise to split logs and db)
RAID 5 (10 disk) or 2x RAID 5 (5 disk) as PRIMARY STORAGE = about 8-9TB

and set Library as COPYSTG POOLS  and put in other location (other room)

But IMAO 8-9TB is way to low capcity, so i decided to make nextstorage pool on
tape lib

DO u think is good idea to make on tape lib nextstorage pool and copypool? I
got 2x drive