ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Windows installer error

2013-11-19 14:22:01
Subject: [ADSM-L] Windows installer error
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSONHOSPITAL DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 14:19:36 -0500
I just had Windows 7 installed on my workstation, which was previously
running Windows XP. The installation process did not preserver the TSM
client software I had installed under Windows XP. Attempts to install the
client software under Windows 7 fail with the following message:

The operating system is not adequate for running IBM Tivoli Storage
Manager Client.

When the failure occurs I am offered the opportunity to view the
installer log, which contains the following message:

Error 2732: Directory Manager not initialized.

I have been assured that I have administrative rights for the
workstation, and I was able to install and use the viewer component of
TSMManager and the Google Chrome browser earlier today. The error occurs
regardless of whether I specify 'Open' or 'Run as administrator' when
I start the installation. The error occurs for the 6.2.1.0 6.2.2.0,
and 6.2.4.0 levels of the 32 bit client. Removing the folder used for
files created by unpacking the distribution file does not help.
Rebooting does not help.

I would welcome any suggestions for resolving this problem.

Thomas Denier
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital