ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] how is memoryefficient diskcachemethod supposed to work

2013-10-14 11:10:41
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] how is memoryefficient diskcachemethod supposed to work
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 11:08:26 -0400
Disk space issues where the diskcache is being stored?   Also, did you try
just the "memoryefficient" without diskcache?  I seem to recall a similar
situation where diskcache caused similar problems while non-diskcache
worked.

The book says:

[image: Windows operating systems] Use *memoryefficientbackup=**
diskcachemethod* for any file space that has too many files for Tivoli
Storage Manager to complete the incremental backup with either the default
setting, *memoryefficientbackup=**no*, or with *memoryefficientbackup=**yes*.
The disk cache file created by the initial disk cache incremental backup
can require up to 5 gigabytes of disk space for each million files or
directories being backed up.

--
*Zoltan Forray*
TSM Software & Hardware Administrator