ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] how is memoryefficient diskcachemethod supposed to work

2013-10-14 11:19:58
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] how is memoryefficient diskcachemethod supposed to work
From: Paul Zarnowski <psz1 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 11:17:24 -0400
If I'm not mistaken (and I very well may be!), the diskcachemethod works on a
directory by directory basis.  If you have a lot of objects in one "flat"
directory (without subdirectories), it may not help that much.  Alternatively,
if your volume is spread well (deeply) across lots of directories, then it will
be more helpful.

 From the User's Guide:
>Note that for file systems with large numbers (millions) of directories, the
>client still might not be able to allocate enough memory to perform
>incremental backup with memoryefficientbackup yes.

Another option would be to use -incrbydate, but that has its own caveats.

..Paul

--
Paul Zarnowski                            Ph: 607-255-4757
Manager of Storage Services               Fx: 607-255-8521