ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] how is memoryefficient diskcachemethod supposed to work

2013-10-14 07:31:25
Subject: [ADSM-L] how is memoryefficient diskcachemethod supposed to work
From: Hans Christian Riksheim <bullhcr AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 13:29:30 +0200
We have a memory starved Windows 2003 server and incremental fails with
"ANS1030E The operating system refused a TSM request for memory allocation."

So we try memoryefficient diskcachemethod.

What we see is that dsmc reports diskcachemethod is in use for all
filesystems. We also see that the diskcachelocation is populated.

However the dsmc process still increases to 1,3GB and eventually dies with
the error message above. Client is 6.4.0.10 32.bit.

Any ideas before I raise a PMR?

Hans Chr. Riksheim