ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] help - tsm vg upgrade test

2013-09-12 09:35:35
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] help - tsm vg upgrade test
From: Richard Rhodes <rrhodes AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 09:33:21 -0400
Found the problem.

Apparently the upgrade utility requires the account to access the tsm v5
server to be an actual login account.  That is, you can ssh to the box as
that id and enter the ID and PWD of the account and get a shell.  We had
tried rsh and ssh setups without pwd's (ssh with public/private keys set).
 This allowed cmd execution but not a login.    That wasn't good enough.
We had to make root to be allowed to login to access the tsm v5 db (we are
setup to run tsm v5 as root).

Rick