ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] help - tsm vg upgrade test

2013-09-12 07:27:49
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] help - tsm vg upgrade test
From: Richard Rhodes <rrhodes AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 07:26:43 -0400
I think we have it right - the upgrade utilities are installed on the v5
server as you say.

>    lpar A - tsm v5 db (source)
      upgrade utilities installed

>    lpar B - tsm v6 system (destination)
      new v6 server
      running dsmupgdx
        successfully finds dsmserv.opt/dsmserv.dsk on lpar A
        but throws the error below

We have RSH setup between the two lpars for the communications.
This seems to work since dsmupgdx sees dsmserv.opt/dsmserv.dsk of the v5
tsm instance.

Will be opening a case with IBM shortly.

Thanks

Rick