ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Filesystem Backup ERROR ANS1688I

2013-09-05 09:56:44
Subject: [ADSM-L] Filesystem Backup ERROR ANS1688I
From: BrentFortune <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 06:53:39 -0700
I am getting this error message when backing up the SQL dump files using the
baclient.
We specify the location of the dump files in the dsm.opt file yet the error
message relates to the actual database file in a different location.
Why would it try to backup the database .mdf file in a different location?
TSM client V6.2.2

ANS1688I Sparse attributes for 'F:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\MSSQL10_50.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\Data\distribution.MDF' cannot be backed up
correctly because the volume from which the file is backed up does not support
sparse files.