ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Filesystem Backup ERROR ANS1688I

2013-09-05 10:29:20
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Filesystem Backup ERROR ANS1688I
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 10:27:12 -0400
The message below indicates that the BA client is trying to back up
the actual SQL database file, which is not what you want.
You should exclude these within the DSM.OPT file. Something like:
        EXCLUDE *.MDF
        EXCLUDE *.LDF

As for the backup of the dumped SQL database backup, did you trying
running a selective backup? For example:

   DSMC SEL Z:\SQLServerBackups\AdventureWorks.bak

where "Z:\SQLServerBackups\AdventureWorks.bak"
points to your dumped SQL Server database backup.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 09/05/2013
09:53:39 AM: