ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Implementing Encryption

2013-04-04 14:09:44
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Implementing Encryption
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 14:07:37 -0400
Thanks.

Other than the factor that certain tapes/processes are not encrypted (from
the book when setting DRIVEE=ON - *Other types of volumes—for example,
backup sets, export volumes, and database backup volumes—will not be
encrypted.*)

is there any reason not to choose "Application Managed Encryption"?  As I
think I understand it, with AME/TSM managing the keys, they are stored on
the DB backup tape, thus the reason to not encrypt it?  Correct?