ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Strange TSM diskpool performance issue

2013-02-12 02:58:21
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Strange TSM diskpool performance issue
From: Stefan Folkerts <stefan.folkerts AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 08:56:16 +0100
Thank's all for the reply's, it's not a log/db/diskpool contrain issue
because I was making a backup of a single 150GB SQL database, that should
not result in many iop's to the log/db.
I am going to try the filepool thing with some private volumes that I can
migrate during the housekeeping to see if this works.
I do find it a little strange that the option would be off for fileclass
storagepools and on for disk storagepools but if this works it's a workable
solution, I can't swap out the raidcontroller for a faster one at the
moment and more cache won't help if that's disabled so we'll see.

I'll keep you guy's posted.