ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Strange TSM diskpool performance issue

2013-02-11 10:38:02
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Strange TSM diskpool performance issue
From: "Ryder, Michael S" <michael_s.ryder AT ROCHE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 10:35:59 -0500
Stefan:

I've seen this on other applications besides TSM, and in those cases it was all
about tuning the application, after all efforts were made to make sure the
hardware wasn't the bottleneck.

How much memory does your SCSI controller have for cache?
Are each of your arrays on separate SCSI busses?
Have you used perfmon or the Task manager to watch for abnormally high-load
processes?
If you have antivirus running on this machine, have you tweaked it to ignore
the TSM database files?

Mike