ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] GPFS & TSM

2013-02-01 19:31:19
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] GPFS & TSM
From: Neil Strand <NStrand AT CASSEVERN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 15:53:43 -0500
Rick,
   mmbackup is a GPFS command which will create a list of files to feed to the TSM dsmc command.  It takes advantage of GPFS performance and scalability.  You might also review the mmcrsnapshot command to consider integrating snapshots along with backups. as part of your recovery strategy.  Much automation can be achieved through the use of GPFS policies and associated scripts - see mmapplypolicy command in the Information Lifecycle Management section of the GPFS Advanced Admin Guide.
Thank You,
Neil Strand

www.cassevern.com
6201 Chevy Chase Drive, Laurel, MD 20707

800.252.4715 • 301.776.3400 • Fax 301.776.3444