ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] GPFS & TSM

2013-02-01 15:23:55
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] GPFS & TSM
From: "Colwell, William F." <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 20:18:19 +0000
IBM has an apar open fix a performance issue with mmbackup; see IC86976.

We are seriously looking at gpfs to replace our current file server on Netapp.

Prior to the v6 snapshot enhancements it would take 4 days to do a backup
of the fileserver via the b/a client over cifs.  With the snapshot enhancements
it takes about 3 hours most nights.  I wouldn't want to go back to walking
the tree every night even with a faster walker.  I hope the mmbackup will work.

Bill Colwell
Draper Lab