ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] netezza nzbackup connector for TSM

2012-11-27 19:03:58
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] netezza nzbackup connector for TSM
From: "Tailor, Mahesh C." <mctailor AT CARILIONCLINIC DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 15:07:24 +0000
What I have been told by the IBM partner is that in addition to the TSM
connector that is built into the product, we would need to purchase licenses
for the other products -- BA client and TSM for DB.  Yes, of the two TSM for DB
is the majority of the cost.  I also questioned the need for the TSM for DB
client as there is no "standard" -- Oracle, DB2, etc. -- database on the
Netezza and have not received a definitive answer.

Thanks.
Mahesh