ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Server Upgrade from 5.5.5.2 to 6.3.2

2012-08-21 09:12:09
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Server Upgrade from 5.5.5.2 to 6.3.2
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 09:02:39 -0400
On 08/20/2012 03:12 PM, Dury, John C. wrote:

I did the upgrade and for the most part it went smoothly. The
upgrade wizard did insist on the directories being empty but I was
able to create a subdirectory under my target directory and use that
so I didn't have to have as much SAN space since I could reuse some
directories.

So a little context on this;  I once got a yellow belt in DB2. :)

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/data/library/techarticle/0212wieser/index.html

DB2 stores data for a "Database" in a series of "Tablespaces".  We're
handing over the directories entirely to DB2 as "SMS Tablespaces";
System Managed Space.  One of the implications of this is that it's a
directory in which DB2 thinks it owns _everything_.

So you don't want to hand it a directory that has other things in
it. and you don't want to accidentally confuse DB2 about its
tablespaces.

I would recommend a separate filesystem/'disk' per LUN, and I'd always
put your stuff in a subdirectory on the volume.  That way you can, at
need, make a

/volumes/tablespace02/tmp

parallel to

/volumes/tablespace02/containers