ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM Server Upgrade from 5.5.5.2 to 6.3.2

2012-08-17 12:13:49
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM Server Upgrade from 5.5.5.2 to 6.3.2
From: "Dury, John C." <JDury AT DUQLIGHT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 12:06:07 -0400
I am planning on upgrading our TSM server from v5.5.5.2 to v6.3.2 this weekend.
I have checked and all of the prerequisites are in place and I think I am
ready. My only question is, we currently have the v5 database in several
directories that have several .DSM files in them but also have lots of free
space in them, more than enough to house the V6 DB even if it doubles in size.
. According to the upgrade manual, the new directories for the v6 server must
be empty but I was hoping to be able to use the same directories where the
current v5 database files live since they have more than enough space and then
I would eventually delete the old DSM files from the v5 database once the
upgrade is complete.
When I go to do the upgrade/migration, will it let me use the same directories
even though they have one or two files in them already? I realize it might slow
the process down but I am limited on SAN space right now.