ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM 6.x and HADR

2011-06-14 02:56:45
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.x and HADR
From: BEYERS Kurt <Kurt.BEYERS AT VRT DOT BE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 06:54:18 +0000
Hi,

I might be hijacking the thread (excuse me) so I'll change the subject too. Is
there already an official announcement of TSM 6.x and replicating the database
by means of HADR?

HADR is easy to setup with some DB2 knowledge, but the current TSM database
layout won't allow it. TCP/IP is not defined as a communication method (DB2
registry) and there is no Service Name defined in the instance configuration
file. Those two parameters must be altered prior to the setup of HADR.

Is anybody using such a setup already? I would love to take the option into
account for our new TSM servers, but IBM still has to support it of course.
Perhaps Dave Canan or other people from IBM can comment on it? Thanks in
advance!

best regards,
Kurt