ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] [adsm] Re: TSM 6.x and HADR

2011-06-16 09:47:19
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] [adsm] Re: TSM 6.x and HADR
From: Lloyd Dieter <ldieter AT ROCHESTER.RR DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 09:41:00 -0400
I've been playing with this recently...as Daniel indicated, it's pretty
easy to set up.

db2pd -hadr -db tsmdb1

Run from either the primary or secondary will give the status of the
connection, and which log files it's working on.

Failing over from primary -> secondary is also straight forward.  Where
I ran into a problem was trying to fail back...that didn't seem to be as
easy.

I don't recall the exact steps, but I think what I did was to stop DB2
on both the primary and secondary, then restart DB2 and HADR on the
secondary as standby.

On the primary, I tried to start HADR as primary, and it wouldn't start.
 I wound up doing a "db2 rollforward db tsmdb1 to end of logs and
complete", after which it came back up, and I was able to get it to
resume its role as primary.

-Lloyd

On 06/15/2011 10:51 AM, Prather, Wanda wrote:
I'm interested in hearing from folks using it.

> From the presentation, I am uneasy at all the cmd-line DB2 setup commands
required to use it, and wonder if it's suitable for a shop with no in-house DB2
expertise.

Once it's set up, how much time/expertise does it take to monitor/manage it?
In fact, how do you monitor it at all?