ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Recovery log is pinning since upgrade to 5.5.5.0 code

2011-05-15 14:39:38
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Recovery log is pinning since upgrade to 5.5.5.0 code
From: "Prather, Wanda" <wPrather AT ICFI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 18:34:48 +0000
Hi Eric, I feel your pain.
I have exactly 1 customer that is having the same problem with log pinning, and
I can't figure out why.

-In the past, we've all seen logpinning problems when a site is running in
rollfoward mode with large, slow TDP clients coming in over the WAN.
-There are also issues with the Windows client from 6.0.0 through 6.1.2 that
will cause the client to "sleep" for many hours in the middle of a backup,
which I suspect can contribute to log pinning.

But this customer is running 5.5.4 in normal mode, they upgraded all the Win
6.0 clients, all the clients come over GigE.
And yet they have problems with the log pinning.
Go figure.

One suspect is a large 64bit SQL TDP that backs up ~300GB per day.  I'm
suspecting him because it is 1 large object.  But SHOW LOGPIN doesn't always
finger that guy - it varies.  (I'm beginning to wonder if the code bug is in
SHOW LOGPIN...)

Wanda