ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] MS-SQL TDP questions/issues

2011-01-27 11:13:15
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] MS-SQL TDP questions/issues
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 11:09:54 -0500
Zoltan,

For the first problem, please open a PMR with IBM.

For the second problem, it appears that you are not binding
the log backups to a management class that will
remove them correctly. There is discussion in the User's Guide
that talks about setting this up. Log backups are uniquely named.
This means that when a full backup is rung, they will go inactive.
Once they go inactive, the RETONLY parameter will control their deletion.
In addition, if you are running the FULL backups to a different nodename,
the log backup will never go inactive.. and will stay around forever.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 01/27/2011
09:46:23 AM: