ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] MS-SQL TDP questions/issues

2011-01-27 09:48:56
Subject: [ADSM-L] MS-SQL TDP questions/issues
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 09:46:23 -0500
My MS-SQL guy asked me to pass these questions/issues along:

I have another gripe about TDP, if you could submit this as well.  A while
back (not sure what version it started with), on some of the servers the
database list isn't sorted alphabetically.  So I have to search through
the list when I need to do a single backup manually.  There doesn't appear
to be a way to re-sort it either (click the column headings does nothing)

Just thought of another issue if you wanted to pass it along.  The reason
I have to split the fulls and diffs on different nodes from the log
backups is because the log backups don't seem to go away after they're 30
days old (the fulls and diffs do like they're supposed to).  So if I need
to pull up an old backup from  3 weeks ago and I choose "Show Active and
Inactive" backups, the logs take forever to come up because there are so
many it has to go and find.  I could be doing something wrong, but the
dsm.opt files are basically the same for all 3 types of backups (just
pointing to the different nodes), and only the log backups aren't going
away.
Zoltan Forray
TSM Software & Hardware Administrator
Virginia Commonwealth University