ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] DB2: SSD vs more RAM

2010-11-17 10:56:09
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] DB2: SSD vs more RAM
From: Maurice van 't Loo <maurice AT BACKITUP DOT NU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 16:40:04 +0100
Hi Louw,

For a single instance 24GB of RAM should be enough.
For the OS is using SSD a bit nonsence, even SATA is enough, so don't
spend to much on that.

But if you want speed, look at the SSD cards of Fusion-IO
(fusionio.com) these cards are build for enterprise usage and have
redundancy on the card, so you don't need to build a raid with it.
On a single card, you can put the database and logfiles SAVE, with
lightning speed and still not very expensive.

Regards,
Maurice van 't Loo
ITSM Freelancer (available)