ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] why retries...

2010-11-17 11:45:34
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] why retries...
From: "Marcel J.E. Mol" <marcel AT MESA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 17:44:27 +0100
On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 08:24:51AM -0500, Richard Sims wrote:
> The line with the "Changed" tells the story.  Remember that TSM client-server
> interactions are *transaction* based, not file-by-file.  If a constituent
> element of the transaction changes, the transaction is void and has to be
> repeated, according to your Changingretries choice.  This relates to
> Aggregate-based storage in the TSM server.

Yes, I expected that much...

But it is just a waste of bandwidth to send the whole aggregate again because
maybe one (somteimes small) file in it has been changed. I saw a lot
of such retries so am worried about it a bit. I sure this can be implemented
in a miuch more optimal way.

-Marcel
--
     ======--------         Marcel J.E. Mol                MESA Consulting B.V.