ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Unicode on UNIX

2010-05-18 16:11:04
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Unicode on UNIX
From: km <km AT GROGG DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 21:49:10 +0200
I would advice against overriding the default settings in a script and
instead to set the correct locale for the system. Most system settings in
RHEL based distros are made in the sysconfig directory:

http://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/5.1/Deployment_Guide/s2-sysconfig-i18n.html

In this case, if the locale does not exist, just install it. Since the en_US
locale is included in the glibc-common RPM try to reinstall or update that
RPM.

-km