ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TDP SQL connection error

2009-12-16 14:45:00
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TDP SQL connection error
From: Mark Yakushev <barsik AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 11:43:20 -0800
Hi Mario,

It looks like you are running DP for SQL 5.5.0

MS SQL server 2008 is supported in DP for SQL 5.5.2 -
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=667&uid=swg21321370

Regards,

Mark

From: Mario Behring <mariobehring AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: 12/16/2009 11:24 AM
Subject:    [ADSM-L] TDP SQL connection error

Hi list,

I´ve installed TDP for SQL 5.5.1 on a Windows 2008 Server with Microsoft
SQL Server 2008. I am getting the error below when trying to connect the
TDP for SQL agent using thetdpsqlc query SQL command:

C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\TDPSql>tdpsqlc query SQL

IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Databases:
Data Protection for Microsoft SQL Server:
Version 5, Release 5, Level 0.0
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1997, 2007. All rights reserved.

Connecting to SQL Server, please wait....

ACO5422E Received the following from the MS SQL server:
Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo,
Version=9.0.242.0, Culture=neutral, Public
KeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot
find the file specified.

The tdpsqlc query tsm command connnects to the TSM Server without errors.

I´ve already searched the Microsoft website and instaleld the Microsoft SQL
Server 2008 Management Objects package.....but the error remains.....

Mario