ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TDP for Exchange 2007 scenario

2009-12-16 20:48:20
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TDP for Exchange 2007 scenario
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 20:47:41 -0500
Mario,

Did you happen to look at the section in the book where it discusses
running in an MSCS cluster setup? Whenever you are communicating with
a clustered (SCC) Exchange server, you must use the
"/EXCSERVER=virtual-server-name" option on the TDPEXC and TDPEXCC
commands.

I assume from your description that you are running Exchange SCC
clustering
and not CCR clustering? Exchange CCR clustering is a bit different because
there is no shared storage. There are two copies of the Exchange database,
one is an active one and the other one is a passive (replica). It does
use Microsoft clustering underneath, but not the traditional MSCS-SCC
clustering.

Either way...
You only need to install and run Data Protection for Exchange on the
machines that contain your mailbox databases and your public folder
databases.
Once it is installed using the installation program and configured (you
cannot
simply copy the binaries to the machine because the installation program
makes
required registry updates necessary for runtime operations) you then would
launch a CLI command as follows:
   TDPEXCC QUERY EXCHANGE /EXCSERVER=virtual-server-name
or via the GUI
   TDPEXC /EXCSERVER=virtual-server-name
where "virtual-server-name" is the name of the Exchange virtual server.

If you cannot get things to work, please call IBM support.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 12/16/2009
08:21:59 AM: