ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Trouble doing tsm db restore

2008-08-28 08:50:22
Subject: [ADSM-L] Trouble doing tsm db restore
From: "Lee, Gary D." <GLEE AT BSU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 08:49:01 -0400
Howard Colse was correct.  Did a db backup type=full, and restored from it ok.

Now to get around the next difficulty.  Totally different hardware config.

My plan was to restore the db to the new server.  However, the disk pools will
be completely different, and it looks like you can't delete a storage pool
volume that is off line.

One thought is to delete the disk pool from the old server, then do the db
backup.
Does anyone have a better way of moving 80 nodes and their data between servers
without doing the export / import thing?

Roughly 8 tB of data over a gigabit ethernet.
I would appreciate any solutions you may have.

Gary Lee
Senior System Programmer
Ball State University
phone: 765-285-1310