ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM being abandoned?

2008-04-16 12:09:17
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM being abandoned?
From: Paul Zarnowski <psz1 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 12:07:41 -0400
Deduplicating VTLs fit better into NBU sites.  TSM's progressive
incremental methodology already reduces the data stream, making deduping
VTLs less of a "win", though it can still be beneficial.  My point is that
VTL vendors may not look as positively on TSM as they do on other
less-efficient backup solutions, because they don't sell as much VTL
product to them.  IMHO.
..Paul