ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] DB Audit

2007-12-05 18:20:20
Subject: [ADSM-L] DB Audit
From: Andy Huebner <Andy.Huebner AT ALCONLABS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 17:17:24 -0600
I am not sure there is an answer for this problem:

We are running a "test" audit before we upgrade our TSM server.  The
audit appears that it will take about 200 hours to complete.  Upgrading
the DB and starting TSM took 15 minutes total.

The software is AIX 5.3 running TSM 5.4.0.0.  The hardware is a p550
with 4GB RAM & DMX3 disks.  The DB is about 120GB on 14 raw volumes; the
log is on a file system.  There are about 240 million objects in the DB.

During the audit the CPU is running mostly in the 10-15% range,
sometimes spiking higher.  The disks are pushing less than 1MBps each.

Is there a trick to make the audit use the available hardware and run
faster?

Thanks,

This e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential and may be legally
privileged. If you are not an intended recipient or an authorized
representative of an intended recipient, you are prohibited from using, copying
or distributing the information in this e-mail or its attachments. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return
e-mail and delete all copies of this message and any attachments.
Thank you.