ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] DP for SQL Server mirroring

2007-11-13 08:56:42
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] DP for SQL Server mirroring
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 08:56:08 -0500
In what respect do you mean "support"?
The backup application is not involved with the transfer of the log
records
with SQL Server mirroring. The SQL Server manages that.
I normally point customers to the Microsoft documentation:
   http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/dbmirror.mspx
Where it says things like "You must make a backup of the database..."
and "...restore of the principal database with NORECOVERY, ..."
customers use Data Protection for SQL to perform those operations.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 11/13/2007
07:38:21 AM: