ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] DP for SQL Server mirroring

2007-11-15 07:23:12
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] DP for SQL Server mirroring
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 07:22:07 -0500
I don't think you need an external tool.
The two ways I can think of are just to run the backup
on both nodes, knowing that the backup will fail on the
secondary node and succeed on the primary node.
Or... in the script, you can use an "osql" command
to query the database state and execute the backup
only if the database is online.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 11/15/2007
05:33:01 AM: