ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TS3500/3584 Partitioning Options?

2007-11-01 14:50:37
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TS3500/3584 Partitioning Options?
From: Nick Laflamme <nick.laflamme AT NIST DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 14:49:43 -0400
OK, I get to read about bar code labels and try to make this work for
us. It's nice that it's possible; if not so nice that the granularity on
how slots are assigned is a bit more coarse and that it'll be some work
putting labels and clips into place. Oh, well!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, Tom.

Thanks,
Nick

Kauffman, Tom wrote:
Unless things have changed in a more recent firmware than I'm running
(always possible) there are three ways to partition a 3584; the web
interface, the operator panel, and the barcode labels.

The web interface and the front panel both work the same -- how many
drives, starting with number 1, are in the first library; how many
drives are in the second; until all drives are assigned to librarys. And
the same with slots, starting with the first slot and working out.

If you want to have a dis-continuous library, with something like drives
1,2,4,and 8 or slots in multiple groups you will need to use the barcode
labels and magnetic clips that came with the library. IIRC, tape drives
are individually assignable and slots are assigned by the column.

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This email and any attachments are for the
exclusive and confidential use of the intended recipient.  If you are not
the intended recipient, please do not read, distribute or take action in
reliance upon this message. If you have received this in error, please
notify us immediately by return email and promptly delete this message
and its attachments from your computer system. We do not waive
attorney-client or work product privilege by the transmission of this
message.