ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TS3500/3584 Partitioning Options?

2007-11-01 14:24:39
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TS3500/3584 Partitioning Options?
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 14:23:37 -0400
Unless things have changed in a more recent firmware than I'm running
(always possible) there are three ways to partition a 3584; the web
interface, the operator panel, and the barcode labels.

The web interface and the front panel both work the same -- how many
drives, starting with number 1, are in the first library; how many
drives are in the second; until all drives are assigned to librarys. And
the same with slots, starting with the first slot and working out.

If you want to have a dis-continuous library, with something like drives
1,2,4,and 8 or slots in multiple groups you will need to use the barcode
labels and magnetic clips that came with the library. IIRC, tape drives
are individually assignable and slots are assigned by the column.

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc