ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM install on ESX Linux help?

2007-08-27 15:33:24
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM install on ESX Linux help?
From: BEYERS Kurt <Kurt.BEYERS AT VRT DOT BE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 21:31:17 +0200
David,

I didn't try TSM on an ESX server yet. But the installation fails
because no korn shell (ksh) is found on the ESX server.

Just install an rpm with the ksh on the ESX server prior to installing
the TSM API. And see if it works then.

There are also a few tech documents on the TSM support site that might
be worth reading:

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=0&uid=swg21175860
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=0&uid=swg21199155

best regards,
Kurt

David
> Browne
> Verzonden: maandag 27 augustus 2007 21:02
> Aan: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> Onderwerp: [ADSM-L] TSM install on ESX Linux help?
>
> I have very little Linux knowledge. So any suggestions will be
> appreciated.
>
> We are attempting to test  TSM  backups for Linux.
>
> When installing v5.3.4
> the API module installs correctly
> but the BA module results in the following:
>
>         package TIVsm-API-5.3.4-0 is already installed
> [root@ltlesxvts10 tsm]# rpm -i TIVsm-BA.i386.rpm
> error: Failed dependencies:
>         /usr/bin/ksh is needed by TIVsm-BA-5.3.4-0

> which it is addressed and may contain CONFIDENTIAL material.  If you
> receive this material/information in error, please contact the sender
and
> delete or destroy the material/information.
*** Disclaimer ***

Vlaamse Radio- en Televisieomroep
Auguste Reyerslaan 52, 1043 Brussel

nv van publiek recht