ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Destroy Data on 3590 Tapes

2007-04-18 10:04:29
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Destroy Data on 3590 Tapes
From: Andrew Meadows <ameadows AT BMI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 09:04:02 -0500
Super magnet or Sledge hammer.... Thats about the only way. You could write junk data to them but it takes at least 8 passes to really clean them. If you have encryption on then you have nothing to worry about.
Herrmann, Boris wrote:

Hi all,

I've another question. We've got two new 3584 Libraries with 3592 Drives.
Our boss want to sell the old Library 3494 with the all 3590 Tapes (about 2300). For this reason we've to destory the data on this tapes. The Library is attached via SCSI to our AIX TSM Server (Version 5.2.8.0). Does anyone know how we can realize this matter?

We are at a loss how we can do destorying 2300 Tapes with minor effort.

With kind regards,

______________________________________

Boris Herrmann

Produktion / Heterogene Systeme

ARAG IT GmbH

ARAG Platz 1, 40472 Düsseldorf

Tel:  +49 (0)211 964-1137

Fax: +49 (0)211 964-1155

Boris.Herrmann AT ARAG DOT de

www.ARAG.de <http://www.arag.de/>

Geschäftsführer:  Ottmar Liebler, Hanno Petersen

Sitz und Registergericht:  Düsseldorf,  HRB 10934

USt-ID-Nr.:  DE 119 356 473

immediately.

Thank you.