ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM on Windows Cluster

2007-04-17 17:51:53
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM on Windows Cluster
From: Robben Leaf <robben.leaf AT USBANK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 16:51:19 -0500
You can also use the "dsmcutil update cad..." and "dsmcutil update
remoteagent..." commands to set the password on the passive node if you
don't want to fail it over every 90 days.

In fact, I would recommend setting up a batch file for each of your cluster
nodes that uses dsmcutil to update the password.

Robben Leaf
Enterprise Storage Backup and Retention
651-962-2698
robben.leaf AT usbank DOT com

             "Greg Yuzik"
             <gyuzik@ARCRESOUR
             CES.COM>                                                   To
             Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Dist Stor                                                  cc
             Manager"
             <[email protected]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     Re: [ADSM-L] TSM on Windows Cluster

             04/17/2007 10:36
             AM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

I resolve the same issue I had by taking the Shared TSM Scheduler
offline in the cluster admin, failover the cluster, then opened up the
TSM GUI which prompted me for a password...

Then I was about to start the Shared TSM Scheduler on both nodes and the
failover now works great.

: : Greg Yuzik : :