ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM on Windows Cluster

2007-04-17 10:41:53
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM on Windows Cluster
From: Fawad Baig <fawadbaig AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 10:41:35 -0400
Hi,

After setting up TSM on a windows cluster it seems that everytime a failover
occurs the TSM service on the cluster does not automatically start up. I
have to manually log in start the cluster services through the cluster admin
and then there is a password mismatch so i have to reset the password in TSM
and then restart the TSM cluster service via cmd line with

dsmc -optfile=g:\tsmconfig1

Everytime i resync the password on the tsm server for the active node , it
ofcourse becomes out of sync with the passive node for the next login. Seems
the registry is not holding the password and every 90 days this happens as
the password expires. I cannot set password expiration to zero as its
against regulations. How can I have the registry hold these TSM passowrds?
Am i doing something wrong? The redbook does not speak on this so im kinda
lost. Any ideas appreciated.Thanks.

--
Regards,
Fawad Baig