ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] exclude error\ PrivIncrFileSpace: Received rc=104 from fioGetDirEntries

2007-04-17 17:57:49
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] exclude error\ PrivIncrFileSpace: Received rc=104 from fioGetDirEntries
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 17:57:27 -0400
On Apr 17, 2007, at 4:05 PM, Gary Osullivan wrote:

hi
Has anyone seen this error message when running incremental backups
on netware6.5 , TSM client 5.3.0.0

 "PrivIncrFileSpace: Received rc=104 from fioGetDirEntries:  SYS:  /
LTAUDIT"

Supposedly:
        This is Novell NKS return value NX_ENONEXTANT - Object doesn't exist,
        or POSIX/ANSI return value ENONEXTANT - Object doesn't exist.

I ' ve taken 3 cracks at it + still no luck.
( It is a directory containing security software that we do not
want to take in backup).

example of exclude statements that I have tried.

3rd try)     EXCLUDE.DIR  servername\SYS:/LTAUDIT/.../*   mgmclass
2nd try)    EXCLUDE  servername\SYS:/LTAUDIT/.../*
1st try)     EXCLUDE  servername\SYS:/LTAUDIT/*

Refer to the client documentation when writing Excludes.
Simple Excludes still cause the directory to be entered and traversed,
so the first two tries are not what you would want.
The third try is erroneously coded.  You want to try:
   EXCLUDE.DIR  servername\SYS:/LTAUDIT
If that doesn't work, you may need to contact TSM Support.
But note that you are on a base release, with zero maintenance,
which is a bad idea.  I would get that client updated.

And always do   dsmc Query INCLexcl
after making changes in this area, to fully compile all
contributing sources and validate.

    Richard Sims