ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] WinTel Bare Metal Restore

2007-04-16 11:15:17
Subject: [ADSM-L] WinTel Bare Metal Restore
From: "Johnson, Milton" <milton.johnson AT CITIGROUP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 10:43:54 -0400
Due to the lack of recent religious wars on this forum, I'm forced to
ask:

What is the best method to back-up and perform a reliable and successful
Bare Metal Restore of a WinTel platform (Windows NT/Server
2000/2003/XP/etc.) using a TSM AIX server?  Methods requiring a third
party solution are acceptable.  Solutions allowing a BMR to dis-similar
hardware are preferable.

Personally I view the need to do a BMR on a WinTel platform as an
opportunity to bring up another AIX server, but that is yet another
religious war.

Thanks,
Milton