ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Tape / VTL I/O Blocksize ?

2007-04-16 11:05:35
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Tape / VTL I/O Blocksize ?
From: Charles A Hart <charles_hart AT UHC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 10:05:15 -0500
According to IBM Tech notes the Block Size as Being

        Random-access disk pool, devtype=disk ==>> 4KB block
        Sequential-access disk pool, devtype=file ==>> 256KB block
        Sequential tape pool, devtype=tape(e.g. lto) ==>> 256KB block

How or can you set the "Sequential tape pool" VTape Block size?  Our Vtape
vendor would like us to use 512K Blocks for the vtape.

Regards,

Charles

Ibán Bernaldo de Quirós Márquez <Iban.Bernaldodequiros AT SUN DOT COM>
04/16/2007 05:07 AM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] DISK I/O Blocksize

Hi all,

Did anyone know what I/O blocksize TSM writes to disk ¿? TSM database
writes 4 KB but what about STGPOOLs, and RLOG ¿?

Thanks in advance !!

Regards,
Ibán.