ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] backup storage question

2007-04-16 05:35:42
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] backup storage question
From: Efim <eakkerman AT RAMBLER DOT RU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 13:35:28 +0400
Hi Paul

If a file already exists in the copy storage pool, the file is not backed up unless the copy of the file in the copy storage pool is marked damaged.
(from Administrator Reference)
Efim

* Paul Dudley <pdudley AT ANL.COM DOT AU> [Mon, 16 Apr 2007 17:08:58 +1000]:
I am currently making a copy of our archive storage pool tapes to send
offsite using the command:

backup stg ARCTAPEPOOL ARCCPYPOOL wait=yes

My question is - if I have to cancel this process part way through,
when
I restart it will it pick up from where it left off or will it start
from the beginning again?

Regards
Paul

Paul Dudley
ANL IT Operations Dept.
ANL Container Line
pdudley AT anl.com DOT au

ANL - CELEBRATING 50 YEARS

ANL DISCLAIMER
This e-mail and any file attached is confidential, and intended solely
to the named addressees. Any unauthorised dissemination or use is
strictly prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please
immediately notify the sender by return e-mail from your system.
Please
do not copy, use or make reference to it for any purpose, or disclose
its contents to any person.
.