ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] ANS1469E Error processing filexyz, invalid encription key

2007-04-13 10:08:38
Subject: [ADSM-L] ANS1469E Error processing filexyz, invalid encription key
From: Bill Dourado <bill.dourado AT ALSTEC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 15:10:10 +0100
Hi,

Several years ago I included encryption on our Payroll Server node name
FS4 - TSM Backup client V5.2

This TSM client has now been rebuilt with new OS  Windows 2003, previously
it was Windows 2000.

Before I installed the TSM Backup client (V5.3) today,  I renamed the old
filespaces to OLD_xxxxxxx.

I have not introduced encryption as yet ( no enteries in dsm.opt to
indicate encryption)  on the new setup.

When I try to restore files from the the old filespaces (only as a test)
it fails :-

ANS1469E Error processing "filexxyz" , invalid encryption key

Then it asks for the encryption password and confirmation, but it still
fails .

I am sure that I am entering the correct encryption password.

Is there any way round this ?

Also 4 weeks ago we upgraded the  TSM Server(Windows)    from V5.2.2.1 to
V5.3.4.0

It's not critical if I can't restore these old files, but it would be nice
to know a fix if there is any ?

Thanks

Bill

This electronic mail message, including any attachments, is a
confidential communication exclusively between Babcock International
Group PLC or its subsidiary company and the intended recipient(s)
indicated as the addressee(s). It contains information which is private
and may be proprietary or covered by legal professional privilege. If
you receive this message in any form and you are not the intended
recipient you must not review, use, disclose or disseminate it.
We would be grateful if you could contact the sender upon receipt
and in any event you should destroy this message without delay.
Anything contained in this message that is not connected with the
business of Babcock International Group PLC is neither endorsed by
nor is the liability of this company.
Babcock International Group PLC
Company number 2342138
Registered in England