ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Follow-up on: Problems with Imation ultrium-2 (LTO-2) tapes?

2007-04-13 10:10:23
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Follow-up on: Problems with Imation ultrium-2 (LTO-2) tapes?
From: "Barnhart, Troy" <TBarnhart AT RCRH DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 08:09:42 -0600
When we first install our first 3584 three years ago, we bought around
200 Imation LTO2 tapes.  They lasted about a month and we also RMA'd
them all...

We've been on Maxell's for the last three years with maybe 10 tapes,
at the most, that have been bad from hundreds of tapes.  (And we're not
sure it was the tape that was bad, but maybe a bad drive causing it to
fail.)  We have a volume of about 1.2TB/day.

We've heard several similar stories as ours.  But, another local company
uses Imation in their 3584 (although 3494, not LTO2) with no problems.

Troy Barnhart, Sr. Systems Programmer
tbarnhart AT rcrh DOT org
Regional Health, Inc.
353 Fairmont Boulevard