ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] available slots left

2007-04-12 15:43:51
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] available slots left
From: Avy Wong <AWong AT MOHEGANSUN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 15:40:54 -0400
Just want to say thank you to all of you that help me out....(o:

Avy Wong
Business Continuity Administrator
Mohegan Sun
1 Mohegan Sun Blvd
Uncasville, CT 06382
(860) 862-8164
cell (860) 961-6976

             William Boyer
             <bjdboyer@COMCAST
             .NET>                                                      To
             Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Dist Stor                                                  cc
             Manager"
             <[email protected]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     Re: [ADSM-L] available slots left

             04/12/2007 02:05
             PM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

Using one of the undocumented SHOW commands:

SHOW SLOTS <libraryname>

Will list out how many usable slots there are in the library. Then

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM LIBVOLUMES

Will tell you how many  you're using. Simple math from there. You can also
make a server script

Def scr q_slots 'SELECT <#slots>-count(*) as "Total Slots Available" FROM
LIBVOLUMES'

And then RUN Q_SLOTS any time you want to know.

Add a WHERE LIBRARY_NAME='<library name>' if you have more than 1 library
defined.

Just remember that the volumes in LIBVOLUMES are those that are checked in.
If you have volumes physically in the library, but not
checked in to TSM, your count will be off.

Bill Boyer
"Backup my harddrive? How do I put it in reverse?" - ??