ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Trouble connecting to 3494 library

2007-04-12 14:34:03
Subject: [ADSM-L] Trouble connecting to 3494 library
From: "Lee, Gary D." <GLEE AT BSU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 14:33:29 -0400
Configuration as follows

Tsm server v5.3.4 running on suse sles9 64 bit under vm 5.1

I have a macro defined to create a device class for 3592 cartridges,
define the library, drives, and paths to talk to the 3494 with two 3592
drives.

IBMatl, and IBMtape are both installed, mtlib works, I have issued

Mtlib -l3494a -vqV -V volser

Where volser is a real 3590 volume (used by another tsm server), and I
get back the appropriate information.

However, when I execute the macro below, when it gets to "defin path dax
quark . . . "
It just hangs.  I have let it sit for 15 minutes, just hangs there.

Server is licenced for tsmee, tsmbasic, and dataret.
Where next??
Macro follows:

---------------- cut here ------------------------
def DEVCLASS 3592 DEVTYPE=3592 FORMAT=DRIVE ESTCAPACITY=700g
MOUNTLIMIT=2 MOUNTWAIT=60 MOUNTRETENTION=0 PREFIX=ADSM LIBRARY=quark
SET SERVERNAME dax
DEF LIBRARY quark LIBTYPE=349X PRIVATECATEGORY=500 SCRATCHCATEGORY=502
SHARED=NO
def PATH dax quark SRCT=SERVER DESTT=LIBRARY DEVICE=3494a ONLINE=YES
def DRIVE quark 800 ONLINE=Yes SERIAL=auto
def DRIVE quark 801 ONLINE=Yes SERIAL=auto
def PATH dax 800 SRCT=SERVER DESTT=DRIVE LIBR=quark DEVICE=/dev/IBMtape0
ONLINE=YES
def PATH dax 801 SRCT=SERVER DESTT=DRIVE LIBR=quark DEVICE=/dev/IBMtape1
ONLINE=YES

Gary Lee
Senior System Programmer
Ball State University