ADSM-L

Re: Another D/R question

2006-07-12 15:35:47
Subject: Re: Another D/R question
From: Mark Stapleton <mark.stapleton AT USBANK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 14:31:19 -0500
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 07/12/2006
01:47:01 PM:
> So -- for those of you using DRM -- how do you get the plan file and
> associated scripts off-site? I'm running on AIX; the system has the TSM
> tape library and a DVD-RAM drive. The hotsite system is in the same boat
> -- so floppy is out. And a mksysb to the DVD drive takes about 4 hours
> to write, so that won't be a daily occurance.

For true DR capabilities, mail the prepare statements offsite to a
location that is accessible anywhere, like a gmail or yahoo mail account.
There's nothing proprietary in the prepare statement, so there are no
privacy or compliance issues.

(Don't send your prepare statements to a hotmail account, however. Reading
the hotmail EULA (from Microsoft, naturally) indicates that all data
stored in a hotmail account become the intellectual property of MS.

(:P

--
Mark Stapleton (mark.stapleton AT usbank DOT com)
US BankMR Backup and Recovery Management