ADSM-L

Multi Stream Restores and RMAN TDP

2006-07-12 17:01:21
Subject: Multi Stream Restores and RMAN TDP
From: Charles A Hart <charles_hart AT UHC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 15:45:42 -0500
Our Oracle DBA's want to do multi stream restores using TDP for Oracle.  I
have read in other posts using TDP for SQl all you have to do is set the
dest stgpool to Collocate by filespace.  Ok, sounds easy but I don't think
that would work for the Oracle DB Backups.  I say this as in the TDPO.opt
you specify  "TDPO_FS            ora_db" so this tells me there is only
one file system for that DB Backup, so collocate by filespace is pointless
if there's only one right?  The only other way I can think of doing this
is each ORA DB would (assuming more than on DB per system) is each Oracle
Instance would have to have its own tdpo.opt with a different tdpo_fs
specified.

Any ideas?

Charles Hart