ADSM-L

Re: Pre-fetching a restore?

2006-01-12 07:18:42
Subject: Re: Pre-fetching a restore?
From: "Pretorius Louw <louw AT sun.ac DOT za>" <louw AT SUN.AC DOT ZA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 10:15:58 +0200
Hi Jim,

AFAIK you can do it using 2 methods:
1. Move Nodedata <NodeName> fromstg=CurrentSTG (This will consolidate
all of the node's data from across the STG to as few tapes possible)
2. Move Nodedata <NodeName> fromstg=CurrentSTG ToSTG=Diskpool
Maxpr=<maxdrives> (This will move all the data to your Diskpool, just
make sure the diskpool doesn't migrate the data out before the restore)

I have found that even if you move the data to 1 or 2 tapes the restore
- especially if theres a lot of files - still tapes quite some time.  I
use the Diskpool option and it works great

Regards
Louw Pretorius
Informasie Tegnologie
Stellenbosch Universiteit

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand
binary and those who don't