ADSM-L

Re: Pre-fetching a restore?

2006-01-12 14:16:48
Subject: Re: Pre-fetching a restore?
From: Fred Johanson <fred AT UCHICAGO DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 13:16:25 -0600
Richard,

I have found that professors with research on toasted
harddrives are very willing to wait an extra day or two to
have me stage their backups from non-collocated tape (a false
economy if there ever was one) to disk.  Then tehy think that
TSM is such a nobrainer as their drive is resotred in one
easy stream.